Interested in becoming a Qualified Supervisor?
Qualified Supervisor Training
Instructor: Stephen A. Guinta, LMHC, NCC CCMHC
12.0 CEUs Board Approved QS Training
Friday, October 18th from 5:30 pm - 8:30 pm
and Saturday, October 19th from 8 am - 6 pm
This is an approved continuing education course for supervisory training in the State of Florida pursuant to Section 491.005, F.S., and 64B4 F.A.C.
The course provides 12 hours of in-person didactic and interactional instruction.
Workshop Learning Objectives
As a result of attending this workshop, the attendees will:
- Become familiar with the major models of supervision for clinical social work, marriage and family therapy or mental health counseling
- Gain skills to develop a personal model of supervision, drawn from existing models of supervision and from preferred styles of therapy
- Understand the co-evolving dynamics of therapist-client and supervisor-therapist-client relationships
- Explore distinctive issues that arise in supervision
- Address the contextual variables in practice such as culture, gender, ethnicity, power and economics
- Become familiar with the ethical, legal and regulatory issues of supervision
- Review the Florida laws and the board rules governing interns and supervision
- Understand the role of evaluation in supervision.
Marge Porter Resource Center, 6311 Sheldon Road, Tampa, FL 33615