Change in location: Suncoast Hospice, 5771 Roosevelt Blvd, Clearwater
* Disclaimer: the information and perspective expressed in this training are the presenter's and do not necessarily reflect the view of SMHCA. However, we believe it is essential that the mental health opportunities are presented and the issues are discussed in a way that encourages participants to gain clinical insights and reflect on their own opinions.
You might be feeling a little apprehensive as, like most people, we tend to associate the word “marijuana” with illegal activities. However, there is a great wealth of evidence to show that cannabis can help in a variety of chronic medical and mental health conditions.
Gregory L. Smith, MD, MPH
will present on
Treating Psychological Conditions with Cannabinoid Medications THC and CBD
3.0 CEUs for Medical Errors
Dr. Gregory Smith, MD, MPH earned his medical degree from Rush Medical School in Chicago, and a Masters of Public Health from Harvard University. He completed residency training in Preventive Medicine at Walter Reed Army Medical Center. Since leaving the US Army with the rank of Major, Doctor Smith has been in primary care practice in California, Georgia and Florida for the past 25 years. He first trained on use of medical cannabis in California in 2000, and has made medical cannabis and CBD oil part of his practice since that time. Dr. Smith is an avid writer, having published two medical textbooks, a novel called Malpractice, and articles with many magazines and over a dozen peer reviewed medical publications.
Participants will learn:
- the history of medical Cannabis
- about the plant Cannabis Sativa
- the basics of the Endocannabinoid System
- Pharmacodynamics of cannabinoid medications
- cannabinoid medications can be used for various psychological conditions with specific details on dosing medical Cannabis for PTSD, Anxiety, Depression and OCD
- contraindications to the use of Cannabinoid medications
$10 Member - advance purchase / $15 At the Door
$25 Nonmember - advance purchase / $30 At the Door
$0 Students - $5 At the Door
$0 FirstTimeFree Guest Attendance - $25 for 3.0 CEUs Medical Errors
(members will need to be logged in to be able to register at the member rate)
Training will be at 5771 Roosevelt Blvd, Clearwater, FL 33760